Sunday

Blueberry Muffins!




When I see a blueberry sale, I jump. So, with a 2 lb box at $4.99, my first thought was, should I make a blueberry pie?... blueberry jam? ... or blueberry MUFFINS!



This recipe is adapted from the JOY of Cooking's - 75th Addition on page 635.


Blueberry Muffins

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line 12 muffin tins.
Select and rinse 1 1/2 cups raw blueberries. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

In another bowl, whisk together:
2 large eggs
1 cup skim milk
1/6 cup packed brown sugar
1/6 cup sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Add wet mixture to flour mixture until just combined. Don't over-mix.
Lightly stir-in blueberries.
Evenly distribute the batter among the 12 muffin cups.

Bake 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.
Let cool 3 minutes before serving.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kate@MKDPhotography said...

Emmie and I made these this morning....and sadly I did baking soda instead of powder (wasn't thinking...) and they're not so good :( Can't wait to make them the right way!