Tuesday

Mad Hatter Cake


This will be the last post for a while, I imagine. I'm shifting my gears back to teaching and learning and away from baking and eating.

This past weekend, my husband and I had the pleasure of attending a good friend's wedding. And, boy did she have a cake!

Can you tell from the photo? Those are not rectangular prisms for layers. They are trapezoidal prisms. It gave the whole cake a topsy-turvy, Alice-in-Wonderland feel. The colors and details were over the top, as you can see in the photo. So fun!

Now, I'm not a huge fan of fondant, so thank goodness the cake and filling were excellent! In fact, guess who was the cake's creator... Yes, that's right Rockwell's Creative Cakes in Old Towne Orange on Lemon Street. Kudos to bakery. The cake was a real knock-out!

No comments: